Thursday, July 23, 2009

An Exploration of Humility - What is it?

I have been doing a study lately that addresses humility, a concept I think many people, including myself, would do well to explore. So, before I blog any of my thoughts about humility (is that at all ironic to blog MY thoughts about humility?), I thought I would poll my dear friends out there and ask you all, "What is humility?" You can answer this by providing a definition, an example from your life or someone else's (Scriptural or otherwise), an illustration, or however else you decide to answer it. I would love to hear your thoughts. Please do not worry if your comment does not appear immediately, as I moderate my comments. They should be up by the end of the day.

On another note, C. and I are thoroughly enjoying our trip to Tyler. The hosts of our bed and breakfast are very nice and served us more yummy food for breakfast than I could possibly imagine eating. Now we are off to go site seeing and spend more wonderful time together. I'll post pics soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is he who is always a loving pain. While fixing a bug, I looked again at your blog and of course, have something to contribute. Humility is "acknowledging the truth about oneself." Thus, when Jesus said, "I am the Son of God" he was being humble eventhough it was a very, very bold statement. Unbelievers would consider such a statement arrogant. The key to humulity is truthfulness about oneself.